28 September 2008

Akela's Trail

Other than Ike, Akela's Trail is a big part of our life right now. Gene and I are the co-chairs of our local Boy Scouts of America council's annual training event for Cub Scout leaders and parents.

In other councils, this event is called Cub Scout Leader Pow Wow, but we've changed the name in our council to help us all focus on what we're doing - trying to be the best Akelas (think of The Jungle Book) to our Cub Scouts. There are many loose ends to tie up in the next month before the big day on November 1st.... but we're getting excited and are hoping to have more than 800 people from the greater Houston area join us for the day.

Some folks think I'm nuts since my Cub Scout is now many years older than Cub Scouts... but remember, I have four daughters and I'm all for having the Scouting program be the best that it can be!

1 comment:

goldmania said...

Wow, you are always so crazy busy. It's so great that they have good leaders like you who really make a difference. If only they all could have that.